Friday, February 22, 2013

Twerk it out

I have a very regimented personality. I like things to be scheduled. I follow my daily routines, and I like to know what is going to happen when. It gives me a sense of order and control. When I feel like I don't have control, that's when I feel stressed. 

I was always an afternoon exerciser, always. I like to take my time in the mornings and not have to think until after I've had my coffee. A little while back, though, I switched to early mornings. I definitely like not having to do anything once I get off work (except put on my pajamas), but, it is rough getting my body going that early in the day. The first week or so I felt energized and ready to take on the day after my morning workout, but honestly, that sentiment did not last. 

The other downside is that I was getting to work much later, and therefore having to stay much later. The after-work part felt so good, though, that I kept it up for months. Now, however, I'm debating switching back to afternoon workouts. I feel like I'm more likely to push myself later in the day when I'm actually awake. But I also feel kind of overwhelmed when I get home, like I have to hurry to do all of these things.

I don't know. I'm kind of crazy sometimes. This is not a big deal but it's what's on my mind and is causing me some slight stress. That's pretty silly, I know, but -- am I alone? Does anyone else like to plan out their day? Do you work out in the mornings or afternoons/evenings? Pros, cons? Help me out here.

To thank you for reading this far, here's a short playlist of some of my favorite workout songs right now. My music library is somewhat so random. The music I like to workout to is nothing like what I actually listen to (for the most part). Yes, Taylor Swift is on there. Please forgive me! That song is freaking catchy.





PS: Thanks to my friend Sara for getting me hooked on Imagine Dragons!

PPS: Do you guys know about Grooveshark? Somehow this fell under my radar. A friend told me about it recently. Free web-based streaming! Like Spotify, but you don>'t have to download anything. Spotify really messed up my computer, so I feel much better about GS. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment