Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Red Velvet Roundup

While I love red velvet any time of year, it seems especially perfect for Valentine’s Day. I’ve always loved Valentine’s Day, even when I’ve been single. It seems like a good excuse to get dressed up and eat chocolate (when in a relationship) or ice cream (when on my own). Valentine’s Day, to me, equals pink, hearts, and sugar. I always try to bake something for my coworkers. I think it’s because I miss buying paper valentines to hand out to all of my classmates… they seem to sell cuter ones every year!

This year I will be making some red velvet cookies with the help of the Pilsbury Doughboy (they actually sell premade dough now!), but if you feel like being slightly less lazy ;), here are some delicious-looking red velvet treats!*



Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Russian Frosting, by Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

Baked Red Velvet Donuts by Taste and Tell Blog

Perfect V-day breakfast: Red Velvet Pancakes by Something Swanky

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake by Taste and Tell Blog

Red Velvet Dipped Oreos by Peabody (I actually made these
one year, they were a HUGE hit)

Red Velvet Brownie Pie by Crazy for Crust (this reminds
me of my favorite pie EVER, red velvet custard!)

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies by Buns in My Oven

Two of my favorite things: Red Velvet S'mores Bars by How Sweet Eats

So tell us: What are your Valentine's Day plans? Whatever you do, hopefully it involves a little sugar :)

xo,
Kristin

*All photos belong to their respective blog owners!







1 comment: