Friday, February 8, 2013

Blogilates

I try to work out regularly. I like to ride my bike in the summer, but with the winters in Michigan, I’m typically stuck indoors. I supposed I could tough it out, but I’m too much of a baby – I hate the cold!

I also live in an apartment. Mat and I did P90X last year, and while that program works, our downstairs neighbor was not too fond of our plyometrics DVD. So, I am always trying to find new ways to workout indoors without making anyone angry.

Thank goodness for Cassey at Blogilates!

image

If you aren’t familiar, Pilates instructor Cassey Ho posts amazing (and free!) workout videos. Most are Pilates focused, but she also includes cardio and strength. If you sign up for her newsletter (again, free!),  you gain access to monthly workout calendars to keep you on track.

This is great for me, because the Pilates moves are generally quiet (she even has an apartment-friendly cardio vid), and I tend to slack on strength/toning. I am one of those “cardio queens,” if you will, who (erroneously) believes that cardio provides the best workout. It’s also easy and mindless, so it tends to be my default. Granted, an ideal exercise program provides a mix of both cardio and strength, but there should be a good balance. Lately I’ve been doing cardio 3x per week with roughly an hour of Pilates and weights 2x each week.

If you’re looking to switch up your exercise routine and can’t afford a gym membership, definitely check out Blogilates!

In other news, have you seen the amazing new blog header that Jenny created? I love it!! She is super talented (as I’m sure you can tell by her previous post)!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned. If you are reading this, leave us a comment! We would love to hear from you.

TGIF,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I love this, thanks for sharing!! I love pilates and I have been searching for free videos to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know how you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete