Thursday, April 4, 2013

You can do it

Hello and sorry for not posting yesterday. I just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello. Jenny and I both have to do something this week outside of our comfort zone. Tomorrow I will be speaking at a career panel at my alma mater, and I hate speaking in front of people. I feel like my head stays sane and tells me I have nothing to worry about, but my body completely betrays me and goes into full-on panic mode. So, I wanted to post some quick words of encouragement  for us both!

(source)

(buy here)

(buy here)

(source)

My friend Laura also posted an amazing video recently that I had not seen, so go check out her post and feel inspired.

Let's keep doing things that scare us (just a little bit) ;).

6 comments:

  1. You will do terrific. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sista! I wish I could be there to see you speak, you will do amazing! You are a great role model to learn from and you have an amazing career ahead of you so be proud :) Let's just hope that I can find the same courage and finally speak up for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck Kristen! Our social media manager here at work is also speaking there, and she posted a pic of her name on the program, and there you were underneath! funny. public speaking is scary, i just imagine how relieved i will feel when it's over and that helps me calm down. you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks catie! i agree, that definitely helps. it was funny, once she started speaking, i was like heyy i bet she works w/ catie! i talked with her for just a minute afterward, her presentation was really good!

      Delete