Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Happy Happy

Happy Happy Happy Thursday! I have been watching too much Duck Dynasty lately.

I am looking forward to this weekend, tomorrow night my husband and I are going to the Pima County Fair, which has my 10 year old self very happy. The main reason I want to go though is because the Silversun Pickups are doing a concert at the fair tomorrow night and I have always loved them! I also haven't been to a fair in a very long time, so it is a good excuse to have a cheat night and eat some fair food (fried bread yummm).

Today I wanted to give you a little clean eating update and let you know what progress I have made so far. I started doing most of my grocery shopping at a store called Sprouts. The prices are pretty reasonable, better than Trader Joe's in my opinion, and that is very important for me since I am always shopping on a budget. I haven't completely been able to eliminate all processed foods from my diet yet, but I have been doing really well at cutting out all fast food, pop, candy, sweets, and cutting back on the amount of snacking I have been doing. I typically go shopping only 2 times a month, I severely despise grocery shopping, so during my last trip I made sure to stock up on a lot of fruit and vegetables that we have been snacking on between meals.

In terms of my meal plans, I have tried out a few clean eating recipes that were surprisingly a big hit with my husband as well. They were all very simple to make, and since it is just the two of us we had plenty leftover to eat the next day.


Skillet Spaghetti - The Gracious Pantry

Vegetarian Lasagna - The Gracious Pantry

Balsamic Pork Chops - The Gracious Pantry

I just love her blog, yumm is it lunch time yet?

It is also a new goal of mine to cut back on the amount of coffee I drink (gasp!) and replace it with green tea in the mornings. It is going to be a tough break, but I am trying to find healthier alternatives to getting my energy back in the mornings. I considered waking up an hour earlier each day to workout so that I would feel more motivated for the day, but then I laughed to myself and fell back asleep.

I am also hoping that my new diet and workout plan will help to calm down my stress and anxiety. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts. I really just want this year to be different in terms of my health and my outlook towards life, so I am not going to give up until I find inner peace.

Have a good one :)

- Jenny

1 comment:

  1. lol at "then i laughed to myself and fell back asleep."

    thanks for sharing your update! i wanted to try to give up coffee for awhile too but then i came back to it. it's just so delicious, ha.

    ReplyDelete