Monday, April 22, 2013

Great Gatsby

I'm going to be honest .... I've never read The Great Gatsby.


(source)




















Regardless, I want to see the movie. I love Baz Luhrmann's other films, and especially their soundtracks. I used to listen to Romeo + Juliet on repeat. The Gatsby soundtrack is potentially shaping up to be the best one yet. 

Have you seen this track list!?

01 Jay-Z: “100$ Bill”
02 Beyoncé and André 3000: “Back to Black”
03 will.i.am: “Bang Bang”
04 Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock: “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)”
05 Lana Del Rey: “Young and Beautiful”
06 Bryan Ferry Woth the Bryan Ferry Orchestra: “Love Is the Drug”
07 Florence and the Machine: “Over the Love”
08 Coco O of Quadron: “Where The Wind Blows”
09 Emeli Sandé and the Bryan Ferry Orchestra: “Crazy in Love”
10 The xx: “Together”
11 Gotye: “Hearts a Mess”
12 Jack White: “Love Is Blindness”
13 Nero: “Into the Past”
14 Sia: “Kill and Run”

I was so excited to see last night that Lana Del Rey had released a song off the soundtrack. I listened to it this morning and am ready to keep it on repeat for the next few months. 



Lana seals the deal for me, but I listened to the sampler and everything sounds amazing. 
What do you think of her new song? Are you excited for the film?

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh my gosh I am soooo excited for that movie to come out! I loved his adaptation of Romeo and Juliet too and just based on the previews it looks like he did Great Gatsby justice. I read the book back in school but I don't really remember much of it, I really enjoyed it though. Wish we could see it together! That soundtrack does sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish we could too! you know mat won't go, ha.

      Delete
  2. The movie, the soundtrack, Lana, it's all good. Best way to start my Monday!

    ReplyDelete