Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Funday?

That just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? 

I wanted to start your Monday off with a smile, so if you can find the time, definitely watch this video:



So dang cute and funny. I dare you not to laugh out loud. 

Something else that made me feel good recently was finally watching this movie:


(source)
I've been wanting to see this movie since I first heard about it, but it was well worth the wait. Watching this movie felt like receiving a giant hug. That's not to say that it isn't sad. The film takes place in a world on the brink of apocalypse -- a giant meteor is heading toward Earth, and humanity has three weeks at most. 

The ensuing reactions really made me think about how it would be if impending doom was a reality. I think that the filmmaker's nailed it. Half the world seemed to go absolutely crazy -- drugs, riots, violence -- and the other half just kept going about their business -- showing up to work, mowing their lawns, etc. I really think this would be the case. Chaos and denial. 

Me? I think I'd fall somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't riot, but I definitely wouldn't keep up with the same old same old. I'd do everything I felt like I "shouldn't" do (but nothing that affected other people). I'd definitely eat a lot of cake.

The film is very funny but it is a dark comedy. I found it to be very heartwarming. I didn't think much of this until I just read a review on the site where I found the above graphic, and they warn how heartbreaking it is. I don't know ... the context is sad, sure, but I thought the message was more optimistic. Although we don't know when our end will come like the people in the film, our time on Earth is finite, and I thought the movie was more about not giving up, in spite of that. Make the most of the time we do have. If you watch it, let me know your thoughts.

We also finally watched End of Watch (we are way behind on movies) and thought that was really good, too.

I hope you all had a good weekend. I'll leave you with another good thing to start your Monday --this picture for my friend Sara. 


(source)



3 comments:

  1. I saw Seeking a Friend For the End of the World recently too- it's funny because I didn't think I'd be as sad and affected as I was at the end- I mean, I knew the premise going into it! So yes, really well done. I thought Steve Carell did a fantastic job, he was the best part of the movie. I think you are absolutely correct in that is what people would do if it really was the end of the world- I know I'd be eating a lot of chocolate and peanut butter goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, he was great! I do love Keira Knightly, too. I was tearing up at the end.

    The chocolate/PB combo would definitely be high on my list ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i love you and that picture lol

    ReplyDelete