Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bachelorette

My fiance started a new job recently, and his work schedule went from being pretty standard to irregular. While it sucks having less time together, it is giving me some time to catch up on Grey's Anatomy and movies that he definitely wouldn't watch, such as Bachelorette.

(source)
Have you guys seen this yet? I feel like this movie really fell off the radar. I remember hearing about peripherally but didn't think about it again until I found this GIF and searched for the quote (because obviously that is a life motto). 

(source)

(Only a little bit awkward when someone uses your computer and "F*ck everyone I like ice cream" is still in your search bar.)

Anyway, I loved this movie immediately. I think it got mixed reviews, but aside from being funny and having an awesome cast, it made me feel really nostalgic. It kind of felt like Mean Girls on steroids, especially since Lizzy Caplan is in both flicks. 

The basic plot is as follows: Becky (Rebel Wilson) is the first of her HS group of friends (the "B Faces") to get married, and the last one they expected. This makes the other girls jealous and a bit hatefulespecially Reagan (Kirsten Dunst), who is Becky's maid of honorbut it also makes them take stop and assess the state of their lives.

(source)

Shenanigans ensue and there is lots of humor. Honestly, I thought the characters, though exaggerated, were accurate and relatable. I also love Kirsten Dunst and Lizzy Caplan so I might just be biased, but it was great. Adam Scott even has a small role. So ladies, if you have a night to yourself, definitely check it out. 

(source)

In other news, I found this hot chocolate mix at Target the other day, and ohmygod is it good.


Pretty sure I'm making my design friends cringe, but I don't have a lot of tools at my disposal right now, ha. 

We're halfway through the week, hooray! 

Good night friends,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Did you watch it on Netflix? I totally forgot about this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I was surprised/glad they had it up there so fast because I think it just came out.

    ReplyDelete