Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nice cream

I'm sure you have tried or at least heard of banana "ice cream." Something magical happens when you freeze bananas and blend them up -- they take on the texture and a lot of the taste of vanilla ice cream. 

My friend and I were talking the other day about those Yonanas machines (and knockoffs). She said she had used some berries and it turned it into soft serve. I had some strawberries I had to use, so I decided to try freezing them and mixing them with the banana. The results were delicious. 

sorry for the great quality of this photo.
This was last night's concoction. I mixed a 60-calorie container of Kroger-brand low-carb white chocolate raspberry yogurt (that I had frozen first), frozen strawberries (about 6 large, sliced), and one frozen banana (also sliced). I also added some sugar free chocolate syrup. The result was a huge bowl of tasty goodness.

Sometimes with just the bananas, I will crush up a chocolate chip cookie dough Larabar for pseudo chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Other times, I will use peanut butter and cocoa powder. 

I can't wait to try this with raspberries! 

On the other end of the food spectrum, apparently some Taco Bells have waffle tacos? It looks like a waffle folded over with sausage and egg inside. Why don't the Taco Bells near me sell breakfast!?

After going to that link, I kept going down the Buzzfeed rabbit hole, and came across this:

(source)
Doughnut ice cream sandwiches? That's genius. More here with the 23 most perfect foods in the universe (I don't know if I agree with that, but some of them look pretty good). 

This post is a bit of a contradiction but you know what? Who cares? It's Friday! Let's party!

(source)



No comments:

Post a Comment