Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend recap

Food-filled weekends usually equal fun-filled weekends (and vice versa). This weekend was no exception, except I was too busy shoving food in my face to remember to take pictures.

On Friday, after work I headed with my mom and Jenny's mother-in-law to the airport to pick them up! Afterward we had dinner at Cracker Barrel and then I came home to watch the US beat Jamaica whilst in a food coma.

Saturday, Jenny and I went for a walk and out for crepes -- I went all out with peanut butter, banana, and nutella and an iced french toast latte. Then later on we went to a cousin's graduation party, and later in the evening I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday. 


This morning, we woke up bright and early(ish) to go to the Detroit City FC game.


We also got some delicious mac 'n' cheese from the Mac Shack at the game. Mat got "Cheech's Trip" (chorizo, jalapenos, cilantro) and I got the City FC Chicken (chicken, habanero sauce, shredded cheese). 

Now I am eating a bowl of ice cream and mentally preparing for the Game of Thrones finale. Tomorrow we are going to see the Postal Service (!!!), and then the rest of the week I will hopefully get in more sister time!

Since Jenny and I forgot to get a picture of us together this weekend, here's one from her bridal shower:



Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm half way through season 2 of GOT and I love it. How have I survived without this show?! DJ is waiting to watch the last two episodes of this season with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god, i'm so excited for you to watch season 3. hopefully neither of you have heard any spoilers from the last two episodes. i'm so glad you're watching it, it's so good !

      Delete