Tuesday, June 4, 2013

100!

Hooray! We made it to our 100th post!

A BIG thank you to our blog readers, we appreciate each and every one of you :)
I am very excited because my countdown to vacation keeps getting smaller and smaller! I must admit something though, I have a terrible fear of flying. I have a lot of fears, but flying is definitely up there. I'm not exactly sure where this anxiety towards flying stems from, and at this point I have flown over a dozen times, yet I still grip the seat until my knuckles turn white during take off. I am hoping to try reverse psychology on myself though. I am going to tell myself over and over again this week that I love to fly, and hopefully I will trick myself into actually believing it. Worth a try right? Luckily, the reward of being home (I still call it home even though I don't technically live there anymore) in Michigan for 2 weeks is more important to me than being nervous for a 4 hour flight.






As excited as I am though, there is a small part of me that always gets slightly sad (not quite the right word but I can't think of anything better) about being in Michigan again, because it reminds me of how much I have missed out on over the years. Yes I try to keep in close touch with my family and friends, but it still doesn't change the fact that we have missed many important moments in their lives, many events that we can never be a part of again. The hardest part about going home this time is knowing that my Grandfather is no longer there. He passed away a few days before Christmas this past year, and I was unable to attend the funeral or be there for my family on that day. Being back is going to serve as a strong reminder that he is truly gone, and the house my father grew up in, the house that was such a big part of my childhood, is no longer there for me to visit. Something I have to come to terms with.

I am very excited to spend some quality time with my friends and family again though, and to try to put my worries and stress aside for a brief period of time.

Have a great night!

- Jenny







No comments:

Post a Comment